Enter the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge
Quilt Expo and Nancy Zieman Productions announce the second-annual Modern Mini Quilt Challenge, taking place throughout the month of May on social media! You’re invited to participate in the challenge by stitching a 24-inch square (or smaller) modern mini quilt in fabrics featuring a modern color palette and design.
To enter, send a high-resolution image of your quilt to QEChallenge@gmail.com by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 22, 2018. Include your full name, hometown, and a sentence or two about your quilt. Enter one modern mini quilt for a chance to receive a prize from one of our generous sponsors!
Share your progress on social media throughout the challenge by using #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge! Quilt Expo will post entries to their Facebook page throughout the month of May — be sure to look for your entry.
2018 Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to QEChallenge@gmail.com by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
- Mini Quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed or other.
- Mini Quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design.
- Mini Quilts must be quilted through 3 layers by hand, by machine or both.
- You may enter ONE modern mini quilt that is completed within the last year.
- Entries must be sent to QEChallenge@gmail.com; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge.
- Submitted entries will be shared on Quilt Expo’s Facebook page throughout the month of May.
- Winners selected by panel of judges, to be announced May 29, 2018.
- Open to US Residents only.
- Judging takes place May 24-25, 2018
Grab our Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge badge and let your friends know about this fun quilt challenge!
Over $1,600 in prize packages from our generous sponsors:
- Blue Bar Quilts Pineapple Play Quilts & Projects book, Creative Grids Pineapple Trim Tool, Creative Grids Pineapple Trim Tool Mini, Joen Wolfrom Essential Color Wheel Companion, Rainbow of 18 fat quarters, Rainbow of seven Creative Art Textiles hand-dyed fat quarters and Mini Wonder Clips; value $211
- Siesta Silver Jewelry Smooth Sister Large Pendant, Smooth Sister Earrings on Hook, 18” Espiga Necklace and two S8mm Spacer Beads; value $189
- UnSpooled Complete tuffet kit with pattern, ruler, needle, foam base, plywood base, button form, upholstery batting, cording and solid wood feet; value $178
- Clover One piece each of the I Sew For Fun line, Bordeaux Ultimate Shears and machine needles Quilting and Universal; value $175
- Coats & Clark Twenty-four color assortment of new Coats Quilt+™ Piecing and Quilting thread on a mini king spool and 32 spool assortment of Coats Dual Duty XP®all-purpose thread in a lovely wooden gift box; value $143
- Stable Piecing/Farmland Quilting & Embroidery A collection of foundations and instructions including the Sampler Collection, 20" Diamond Wedding Ring, Double Pipeline - Crib size, Crazy Patch, Compass Rose and 18" Mariner's Compass; value $115
- At The Heart of Quilting Eight cones of thread; value $112
- Nancy’s Notions Gift card; value $100
- SewBatik Three-yard cut of 110" extra wide cotton Batik with Pinpoints motif in the color of Grape Spice and a Tiki Tike called Purple Power, which includes 20 (2 1/2" wide strips) of 10 shades of purple batiks; value $89
- Mill House Quilts Two Yazzii craft organizers - the compact and the large mini, both in navy; value $67
- Heirloom Quilting Designs Heirloom machine quilted whole cloth quilt kit with Can You Spare a Square? how-to DVD, silk/cotton fabric, 100% wool batting, lightweight thread, marking pen and machine polish; value $60
- The Quilting Company Two Love of Quilting PBS TV series DVDs; value $60
- Thread Cutterz Snipper with LED Light, ring with Swarovski crystals, ring case and flat-mount; value $55
- The Electric Needle Quick Marks quilt kit with pattern, fabric and a spool of Aurifil; value $50
- Sulky Cotton + Steel by Sulky six-pack collection that contains six spools of 660 yd., 50 wt., 2-ply thread; value $50